Tuesday 20 November 2018

Nick's News! - On the Table - Raven Guard

Warhammer 40K - Horus Heresy

When I purchased the two Horus Heresy boxed sets, Betrayal at Calth and the Burning of Prospero, I considered what Legion I wanted the miniatures to be modeled and painted as.




My initial thought was the Ultramarines, as my Eagle Marines are a successor chapter. But I felt that I had already painted enough 'blue miniatures' and so looked at the other potential Legions. My chaos army is World Eaters and so that was a consideration, but 30K era World Eaters are not red and gold so they might not be dual purpose - being a 30K army outright and a boost for my 40K chaos army.



Whilst assembling them I considered that my usual black primer might be also good as the base coat for the army - and that is when I decided that the Raven Guard would be the chosen legion/chapter.


Not only would the 'Ravens' be different enough to my 'Eagle Marines' but as they are both named after birds there was some synergy too.


There is still a lot more to do


\But I have made a start


With plenty of troops, and terminators and a couple of dreadnoughts (one from the Talons of the Emperor set) there is a good core army for both 30K and 40K


Once fully assembled, the next step will be to give them a base coat of Chaos Black spray


The Raven Guard project is probably third or fourth in line in my current schedule









The next update will hopefully be in a month or two...........


No comments:

Post a Comment