Wednesday 26 August 2015

Nick's News! On the Table - Assault Marines

Warhammer: 40,000

The fifth company was short of an assault squad and so thanks to eBay I bought two five man squads. Again, like the rhino/razorback purchases I bid on Ultramarine models to reduce painting time.


Both squads must have been Vanguard Veterans in their former employ. I needed to raid the bits box to make a legal ten man assault squad. Fortunately arms with bolt pistols and chainswords are always going spare......



Apart from giving the bases a bit of paint to tone down the effect of the sandy gravel they are just about 'battle ready'. I decided that rather than re-base the five who were on sandy gravel I would add sandy gravel to the other five.......


The texture is more course than the one I usually use but hopefully as it is a single squad it will blend in to the rest of the models once a similar paint job is applied......

No comments:

Post a Comment